Tuesday, July 5, 2016

[PHOTOS] Why I moved to Austin, Texas

It was December 14, 2015.

I wandered into a little restaurant in Austin, Texas to meet a guy some of my closest friends were calling "the smartest marketer alive."

His name is Ryan Levesque. Here's a photo:

PHOTO: Jon and Ryan (if you can't see the pictures click 'show  images')

Normally, I'm pretty skeptical of "Internet marketing gurus." Too many big promises without anything to back them up.

But take a look at this:

PHOTO: Ryan's LinkedIn Resume

Ryan used to teach neuroscience at Brown University. He was also a financial analyst for Goldman Sachs.

Oh, and he went to a little school you might have heard of called Princeton University.

You know how many Internet marketing gurus have credentials like those?

Zero.

He's also a best-selling author. Here's a screenshot of his book on Amazon:

PHOTO: Amazon Bestseller Screenshot

The book is about a new approach to marketing.

You see, most businesses create products and services, and then they try to figure out how to get people to buy them.

The problem:

Sometimes it flops. You invest months or even years into creating a product or service no one wants.

But what if there was a way to make sure that NEVER happens?

What if there was a way to use research and statistical analysis to practically guarantee every product and service is a blockbuster hit?

For example, let's say you're creating an online course. In the past, you might have worked for months to create all the course content, only to find out nobody is interested in the topic.

Well, what if there was a way to "survey" your market in advance and discover with near perfect accuracy whether or not people want the course?

In other words, you would know whether or not the course would be successful BEFORE you created it.

Sounds impossible, but that's exactly what Ryan has done. He's invented a system for taking all the risk out of product creation.

Sound complicated?

It is.

But I was intrigued. So, I decided to meet up with him for lunch and talk shop.

For the next couple hours, he showed me different businesses that were using his system. He walked me through surveys and funnels and email sequences that were more sophisticated than anything I'd ever seen.

One business gets like 52,000 people PER DAY to take its survey.

The result?

$178,000 in revenue...

PER DAY.

And that's just one of Ryan's clients. He has dozens, and they collectively earn billions of dollars per year.

I just sat there with my mouth open. I'm not easily impressed, but Ryan impressed the hell out of me.

The end result?

When I left the restaurant, I immediately began implementing his strategies in every phase of my business. A few weeks ago, I even attended a workshop where I was a student, right along with everyone else:

PHOTO: Jon at Ask Intensive

Oh, and I also decided to move to Austin, Texas. Permanently.

Why?

Several reasons, but being closer to Ryan was definitely one of them.

The dude turned me into a stalker. LOL.

Also, the barbecue is pretty good down here.

Don't look at me like that. Barbecue is totally a reason to move halfway across the United States. :-)

In all seriousness though, here's why I'm telling you about this:

If you're running any type of online business, I think this is the smartest approach out there right now.

You want to sell online courses?

This will tell you exactly what topics to choose.

You want to be a coach or a consultant?

This will tell you how to position yourself so you stand out from everyone else.

You want to get work as a copywriter, designer, or other type of freelancer?

This will tell you exactly how to attract the best clients.

You don't need a huge business, either. Totally works for small businesses or even complete beginners.

In fact...

How would you like to see how I'm implementing this at Smart Blogger?

We're not a big company. Plus, you can see exactly how this works with blogging.

Also, what if I set up a group call with Ryan where you can talk with him?

Not a webinar or anything. Just a little Q&A session.

I just checked with him, and he's happy to do it. Free of charge.

If you're interested, "raise your hand" by clicking the link below, and I'll add you to a sublist specifically for more info on Ryan:

 Tell me more about Ryan Levesque's work

Or just ignore the whole thing. Totally up to you.

Talk soon,

Jon





(Note: If you're wondering why you got this email, you subscribed to get one of the following: Headline Hacks, training on guest blogging, or post updates to Smart Blogger (formerly Boost Blog Traffic). If you'd rather I didn't email you, you can click here to unsubscribe, although I'll admit it might hurt my feelings. I'm a delicate little rosebud. :-)


If you no longer wish to receive our emails, click the link below:
 Unsubscribe

Boost Blog Traffic, Inc. PO Box 1077 Ojai, California 93024 United States (877) 870-6957

No comments:

Post a Comment