Tuesday, January 26, 2016

The painful truth

So, for the last couple weeks, I've been "Mr. Helpful."

I've sent you a truckload of tricks, hacks, and templates to help improve your writing. And it's all good, useful, legitimate stuff.

But it's not all you need.

Not by a long shot.

Because you see, there's something to be said for nurturing your talent.

Back in 2012, when I was really on fire, I got a phone call from best-selling author Seth Godin. During the call, he told me I was one of the most promising young writers he'd seen in quite a while, and he pushed me to really dedicate myself to it.

Naturally, I was blown away. To get a call from a legend like Seth was a dream come true.

You'd think I would have listened to him, but I didn't. Call it the arrogance of youth.

I thought I would be able to write like that forever. I thought it was a God-given gift, and it was mine to use as I saw fit.

Boy was I wrong.

At the time, I was writing 2,000 words a day. All my best friends were writers. I read, on average, five books a week.

In other words, I lived and breathed the written word. It was my life.

Like most writers, I was also kind of broke. So, when I had an opportunity to split off and start my own site, I jumped at it.

I stopped writing posts. I stopped hanging out with my writer friends. I stopped reading as much as I used to.

Instead, I funneled all of my energy into growing my site and turning it into a multi-million dollar business.

And guess what happened?

Slowly but surely, my writing lost some of that special magic it used to have.

Now, don't get me wrong. I'm still good. REALLY freaking good.

But not like I was.

Why?

Because I stopped nurturing my talent.

All too often, we take our gifts for granted. We believe they'll be there whenever we need them.

But it's not true.

If you want to be great, you have to commit yourself to greatness.

You can't just talk about writing. You have to DO it.

You also have to surround yourself with other people JUST LIKE YOU.

Your family and coworkers are great, but if you really want to know how good you can be, surround yourself with other people who are as passionate about writing as you are.

Which brings me to the point of this story…

How would you like for me to connect you with hundreds of other dedicated, talented writers just like you?

What's more…

How would you like to come hang out with me IN PERSON and write together?

Because here's the deal:

In 2016, I've decided to rededicate myself to the written word. Not only am I going to spend a lot more time writing, but I'm going to surround myself with as many talented writers as I can find.

And in a few days, I'm going to give you a chance to become one of them.

If you've paid attention to the posts and videos over the past couple weeks, you've seen that we're launching a new product called The Writer's Recipe Box, a training program created to help you become one of the top writers online.

But what you might not have realized is this isn't just some stupid class.

It's a year-long EXPERIENCE where you'll be surrounded by some of the top writers online. We'll have calls every month. We'll also meet up in person in Austin, Texas for a closed-door workshop, where my team and I will teach you all of our most advanced writing tricks.

And the biggie:

If you're really good, I might just offer you a job.

Because you see, I'm not doing all of this just to make money. I'm doing it to train and then hire the best writing team the web has ever seen.

Maybe you'll be on that team, and maybe you won't be. Either way though, this is going to be a life-changing experience for everyone involved.

The bad news?

I can only take so many students at once. Right now, we have over 140,000 writers on our email list, and people are going to be beating the doors down on opening day.

If you want in, the best thing you can do is get on the early bird list. You'll have the ability to register 24 hours before everyone else.

Here's the link for the early bird list

If you're serious about writing, you do NOT want to miss this. Click the damn link.

And I'll talk with you soon. :-)

Jon





(Note: If you're wondering why you got this email, you subscribed to get one of the following: Headline Hacks, training on guest blogging, or post updates to Boost Blog Traffic. If you'd rather I didn't email you, you can unsubscribe below, although I'll admit it might hurt my feelings. I'm a delicate little rosebud. :-)

If you no longer wish to receive our emails, click the link below:
 Unsubscribe

Boost Blog Traffic, Inc. PO Box 1077 Ojai, California 93024 United States (877) 870-6957

No comments:

Post a Comment